No objective is beyond reach. At Joint Strategic Technologies (JST), we enable successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from the military, government and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference.
At JST, our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST is seeking a performance driven System Engineer Technical SME with Air Force Talent Management Human Resources (TMHR) Platform. Our candidates can support the team with strong follow-through and adherence to processes and who has experience in facilitating support services and office management.
Culture isn’t something you talk about. It’s something you do. At JST, we’re committed to creating a positive environment — that reaches beyond work and careers — to support your professional and personal objectives. The JST Technical SME exemplifies our core values and coordinates daily with executive staff, employees, corporate partners and customers.
· Provide technical subject matter expertise for Customer Relationship Management/Salesforce and other technology implementations.
· Provide 360 enterprise architecture support and recommendations for integration of best practices into services and operations.
· Translate functional and security requirements, problems, and opportunities from various sources (e.g., customers, policies, threats) into requirements, architectures, and solutions, in both executive-level and tactical-level information papers and presentations, for the purpose of shaping and informing of strategic and tactical decisions.
· Support the drafting of policies and procedure documents, in coordination with senior staff.
· Dynamically respond to ad-hoc requests for support capabilities, to include, but not limited to, project management, senior leader briefings, internal and external customer meeting facilitation, IT support, data collection, and data input.
· End-to-End Platform Architecture development and oversight support.
· Provide a compliant and efficient engagement model, delivery process and methodology for Cloud Platform-based solutions.
· Improve the quality and consistency of solutions delivered across the customer’s Portfolio.
· Develop and advise on solution architecture, data governance and other best practices.
· Provide program management and governance support for managing applications on the Customer Relationship Management and Human Capital Management platforms.
· Provide on-site project management support and attend in-person meetings on an ad-hoc basis.
· Provide enterprise-wide platform architectural design, centralized design review of configuration and code prior to release, and support of the most current Customer Relationship Management/Salesforce implementation best practices, features and functions.
· Provide project and operational documentation as required by the government to support specific project deliverables or ongoing operational support such as security Authority to Operate.
· Provide programmatic support for the governing body , including application portfolio management and engagement with Enterprise Architecture, developing strategic roadmaps, creation of executive-level briefings, support in developing OMB capital planning reports, managing the new request intake and governance process, license management, and facilitating recurring program meetings.
· Effective planning and execution of Cloud initiatives.
· Advisory service on Cloud technical and business issues to the customer.
· Standardized development and deployment processes to improve total cost of ownership for cloud initiatives.
· Technology and vendor assessments for additional requirements such as data storage, security and mobility.
· Application modernization processes for migrating applications to Cloud platforms.
· Develop componentized architecture for higher re-usability and flexibility.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Personnel will be expected to coordinate projects and provide the United States Air Force A1 with CIO Support Systems Engineering Technical Assistant support for the customer. Team members are expected to integrate into daily standups, business operations, security operations teams. Daily tasks will include help desk support, user access, onboarding, policy coordination and capability development. They are to provide coordination support for the following:
· Experience with the Air Force Talent Management Digital Transformation Program
· Day-to-day business practices of USAF A1
· Understanding with AF A1 program offices’ mission, practices, policies, and procedures
· Information Technology Project Management, Enterprise Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Cloud Platform Deployment, Development and Operations and Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery, Budget and Strategic Planning Support, Engineering and Infrastructure and DoD Regulation Support, Knowledge Management and Information Sharing, Business Capability Lifecycle Improvement, Engineering and Infrastructure Support, Data Analysis
· Energetic Personality
· Initiative and Flexibility
· The ability to independently plan and direct business affairs.
· Ability to work remote or on-site.
· Experience developing briefs and preparing meeting areas for an executive level audience.
· Highly proactive approach to workload
· Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in work
· Strong attention to detail.
· High degree of personal motivation for success
· Positive attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by complete customer satisfaction.
· Love for experimentation, chaos, and can manage multiple priorities
· Track record of over-achieving quota
· Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
· Pragmatic approach to technology with a startup mindset
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
· Periodic travel is necessary for this position
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 8+ years of experience
· Proficiency with modern front-end technologies & API designs
· Strong understanding of development best practices, continuous integration, source control, code reviews
· Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
· Cloud Experience
· Manage an engineering team that follows agile principles to develop features for each AFWERX IT tools and across each tool.
· Coach, mentor, inspire and support a team of 5-7 engineers
· Partner with Product team to consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested within the agreed upon timeframe
· Lead by example through hands-on coding, code reviews and sprint planning of the Innovation platform pipeline
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
· Requires interaction with co-workers, customers or vendors
· Talk or hear
· Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
· Requires Travel: Occasionally
Your Application Package should comprise of the following: cover letter, and resume. All attachments must be in PDF format;
Please see the instructions below for details.
· Summary of your experience and what you can bring to our team.
· A table depicting your work availability. Include every day of the week (Sunday through Saturday) and the hours of each day that you are available. Please note the time zone from which you will be working.
· A list of software related to your position and your level of skill with each one. (If you say advanced or expert, you will need to provide the Certification from an Accredited Testing or Training Organization).
· Three professional references from your resume history.
· Preference for full-time or part-time.
· Salary expectations
· Your physical address, email, and phone number for contact purposes.
· At least last eight years of work history with the month and year for each.
· Your resume must be no more than three pages.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Drug screen and background check required prior to hire.