No objective is beyond reach. At Joint Strategic Technologies (JST), we enable successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from military, government and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference.
At JST, our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST is seeking a performance driven Desktop Support Technician who can support the team with strong follow-through and adherence to processes and who has experience in facilitating support services.
Culture isn’t something you talk about. It’s something you do. At JST, we’re committed to creating a positive environment — that reaches beyond work and careers — to support your professional and personal objectives. The JST Desktop Support Technician exemplifies our core values and coordinates daily with executive staff, employees, corporate partners and customers.
The Desktop Support Technician will provide routine IT customer support in both administrative and technical areas including user administration, directory rights; Working knowledge of documentation (technical writing); inventory. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 years of practical work experience providing general IT support / Help Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- 5 years supporting PCs
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical and end-user problems in a customer service-oriented team environment.
- Experience installing and maintaining, applications and associated hardware and peripherals; assisting users with IT procedures, system setup and network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Active directory creating, computer account, user account, moving device to different Object Unit and resetting/unlocking user’s account.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills for federal government client(s) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users.
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient with Windows 10, Office 2010 suite, and Adobe software.
- Knowledge of Apple Products
- Organizational and planning skills
- Aggregate, analyze and present data
- Energetic Personality
- Initiative and Flexibility
- Customer service and communication skills
- Highly motivated
Your Application Package should comprise of the following: cover letter, resume, and three samples of relevant work. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Please see the instructions below for details.
- Summary of your experience and what you can bring to our team.
- A table depicting your work availability. Include every day of the week (Sunday through Saturday) and the hours of each day that you are available. Please note the time zone from which you will be working.
- A list of software related to your position and your level of skill with each one. (If you say advanced or expert, you will need to provide the Certification from an Accredited Testing or Training Organization).
- Three professional references from your resume history.
- Preference for full-time or part-time.
- Salary expectations
- Your physical address, email, and phone number for contact purposes.
- At least last ten years of work history with the month and year for each.
- Your resume must be no more than three pages.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Drug screen and background check required prior to hire.