We are seeking an experienced Contract Specialist II with a DAWIA II certification in PM or Contracting to support our client in San Antonio, TX.
The Contract Specialist shall provide professional support and business aid to the customer and provide support in developing and managing large federal programs. Experience working with the FAR, AFFARS, Department of Defense and Air Force, required.
The Contract Specialist will work within a multi-disciplinary team co-located with government employees to develop, monitor, and manage large military service contracts. The CS will provide non-personal services to include, but are not limited to pre-award functions, price and cost analysis, preparation of award documents and supporting documentation, stakeholder engagement, and other related non-inherently Governmental functions with a government lead multi-functional team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages internal/external communications and all functional program activities to meet contract cost, schedule, and performance objectives. Make recommendations on administrative or operational matters affecting more than one segment or functional activity of the program. Develops program budgets, develop technical, scientific and support staff manning requirements, monitor technical and scientific progress, monitor project budget status, and develop project plans. Perform program conflict resolution.
Develop program specific risk management plans and analysis for a source selection team. Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order to meet program requirements and to deliver an end result for a particular project. Prepare various types of publications by integrating original writing with inputs from technical as well as non-technical professionals. Analyze industry standards and interpret client requirements for documentation and establish formatted style guides. Assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents. Ensures documentation is filed and maintained per program or organizational file plans.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience with at least 8 years Contract Specialist experience.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA II) certification in Program Management or Contracting
- Experience with USAF contracts
- Must be able to multitask and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide and manage internal/external communications and all functional program activities to meet contract cost, schedule, and performance objectives
- Analyzes contracting issues and recommends appropriate course of action
- Provide business recommendations and aid to technical and contracting personnel involved. Review requisition package for adequacy and compliance with administrative, regulatory and procedural requirements, consistency with current market practices and conditions and provides recommendations to executive level stakeholders.
POSITION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience presenting to an executive level audience
- Sense of ownership
- Sense of urgency
- Sense of pride in work product
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of personal motivation for success
- Positive attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by complete customer satisfaction.
- Bachelors Degree + 8 years’ experience minimum contract management and acquisition management.
- Source Selection Team Experience
- Minimum of 3 years in specialized and complex service programs
- Accredited certifications DAWIA II, Program Management or Contracting (minimum)
- Must have either DOD or USAF Contracting Experience.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading / working in government lead multi-agency teams
- USAF contract experience
- Experience in DoD logistics, aviation, maintenance or service contracts